Friday, December 9, 2011

Pom Pom Wreath

When I wrote this post about my obsession with pom poms, I was seriously knee deep into them. Ask anyone who came near this place. Totally fun...
So when my friend pointed me to this wreath on Pinterest, I knew I had to drag out my yarn once again!!  I picked up a 10" styro wreath at the Dollar Store, and got busy...

I tied 29 green poms (I used two sizes and 2 colors of green for this project) to the ring.  Then I went in and glued mini red poms (purchase at a local craft store) here and there...
Totally random, and I love it.  Total crafting time:  3 hours.

Here is my finished version.  I'm opting to not add a bow.

I hope you make a ton of these babies, too!  I shouldn't be alone in my addiction--you know you want to join me...

Enjoy your weekend!

12 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! This is awsome and so fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ellen said...

This is just beautiful. I missed the instruction on how to make pom poms.

borcherding said...

Cute..cute..cute!!!

Trish said...

Ellen--You can find the pom pom contraption at JoAnn's and most craft stores. Many people make them using cardboard. I put the link in bold at the top of the post--just click on it to see the pom pom garland and how I made them. Hope that helps! :) Trish

Marge said...

I will resist.....I will resist.....I will resist.......dang it, you know I'll be in J's this weekend.....stepping over to the pompom dark side!LOL

Ellen said...

Thanks Trish, I'll check that out.

jamie said...

trish!
so totally adorable.
YOU are cute.cute.cute.
~j

Stacey D. said...

Awesome Trish!

Michelle said...

This is so cool!!! I may just have to make one... You are right..can't resist!

Heather said...

I totally and completely promised myself I would make a Pom Pom banner for the kids' birthdays after I saw that post!! Haven't gotten to it yet, but I will!! You and I must be similar in age because pom poms were all the rage when I was a kid!

Gabi.Loraine said...

Totally going to make one! So awesome. Thanks!!!

wojnosia said...

SUPER, SUPER, SUPER!!!!1